Dialogue to resolve Local 7’s agreement renewal bargaining is ongoing. For the time being, details won’t be released until there are substantive developments. We thank members for their patience and continued support.
Local 7 (Heartland/Northern Livestock Sales) bargaining is underway. We’ll be posting all the information you need to know here, so check back often.
(L-r) Your GSU bargaining committee members are Paige Lister, Lori Branton, and Melissa Little, and GSU staff rep/bargaining spokesperson Mason Van Luven.
SCHEDULED BARGAINING DATES:
- Jan. 10, 2023 (completed)
- Dec. 20, 2022 (completed)
- Nov. 4, 2022 (cancelled)
- Oct. 28, 2022 (completed)
BARGAINING PROPOSALS & RELATED DOCUMENTS:
- Bargaining Proposals – Oct. 28, 2022 [PDF]
- Talking to your Producers and Customers about Collective Bargaining [Oct. 2022]
- Update #3 – Oct. 31, 2022 [PDF]
- Update #2 – Oct. 14, 2022 [PDF]
- #1 – Notification of Local 7 bargaining committee members and union bargaining proposals [Autumn 2022]
Updates will be shared with members after each bargaining session. If you would like to receive updates, send your preferred contact information to Mason@gsu.ca)
Tuesday Members’ Memo – Jan. 17, 2023
The Local 7 bargaining committee met their management counterparts for a third bargaining session on Jan 10. David Nilsson (Nilsson Bros.) also attended the session as an observer.
“We had hoped that this session would result in a tentative agreement but significant disagreements remain regarding monetary-related issues,” said GSU bargaining spokesperson
Mason Van Luven. “This is a seasonal business which has often put workers in precarious employment situations. It’s time to ensure these workers are protected and have the same rights that other workers benefit from.”
On Jan. 20 the union bargaining committee will consult members at a local-wide meeting.
Tuesday Members’ Memo – Jan. 10, 2023
The two sides last met Dec. 14 and 15 and have since been in contact to schedule our next set of bargaining dates. Your committee is expecting to continue negotiations with your company by the end of January or the first week of February. Stay tuned for additional information and when bargaining dates are finalized.
Get ready and participate!
- Fill out a bargaining contact form here and we’ll send you bargaining updates as they happen.