Have a look around, and if you don’t find what you are looking for, let us know.
- If you want to know more about GSU or about how you can join GSU, check out our e-pamphlet and learn even more here.
GSU is pleased to offer $2,000 scholarships to five students who demonstrate an ability and a passion to inspire positive change in their community.
Scholarships are available to all GSU members and their immediate families – including spouses – who are enrolled in a diploma, degree, or certificate program at a community college, university, trade school, or technical institute as a full-time student in any country. Deadline for receipt of applications is June 1, 2017.
Detailed information is available here.
GSU calendar highlights – March 20 to 24:
- staff reps Lawrence Maier and Dale Markling were in Saskatoon attending the 2017 WCB Institute on Monday and Tuesday
- our Tuesday Members’ Memo was emailed to GSU members on Tuesday
- Dale Markling met with employers on Wednesday and Thursday, and he also met with a GSU member on Thursday
- general secretary Hugh Wagner met with employer representatives and GSU members on Thursday
- Hugh Wagner met with a union member on Friday
Meeting of the Joint Executive Council of Grain and General Services Union
March 31, 2017 – Ramada Hotel, Regina, SK
Elected union officers will gather for their semi-annual meeting. Learn more about the JEC here.
60th Annual SFL /CLC Spring School
April 3 to 7, 2017 ~ Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, Moose Jaw, SK
Learn more about the school and read the course outline here.
SFL Young Workers’ Conference & Youth Action Summit
April 28 & 29, 2017 ~ Ramada Hotel, Regina, SK
Learn more about the conference and summit here.
Our Tuesday Members’ Memo (TMM) is sent by email to GSU members every Tuesday.
Our Tuesday Morning Memo is sent to GSU members on Tuesday mornings. You don’t need to be a member to receive our TMM. If you would like a copy sent directly to your email, let us know and we will add you to the mailing list.
What are the benefits of a union?
The Association of Flight Attendants explain what unions do for union members.
The labour movement is not just about decent jobs. It’s about a better life, for everyone.
Learn more at www.fairnessworks.ca