- GSU Defense Fund Board of Directors meeting – Jan. 21. An update on the financial position of the Fund, a review of the current strike/lockout pay policy, and an investment review are on the agenda. Your elected directors are Wilfred Harris (Local 1 – Viterra); Sharlene Lark (Local 5 – Western Producer); Doug Kampman (Local 8 – Advance); and Lynn Shaw (Local 15 – Nutrien).
- GSU Executive Committee meeting – Jan. 21. Your executive committee members are president Jim Brown, vice presidents Michelle Houlden and Sheila Tran.
- Local 14 (Richardson) bargaining: Member consultations to be held
GSU staff representatives are reaching out to Local 14 (Richardson Pioneer) members to provide an update and answer questions about agreement renewal negotiations. These updates will take place after hours or during members’ scheduled break(s).
If you would like to speak to a GSU staff representative when they visit, contact your sub-local union representative or your GSU staff rep to confirm the day and time of your scheduled visit. If you aren’t available or have questions that arise after your rep’s visit, don’t hesitate to contact us by email, text or phone. GSU bargaining committee members are Jerid Clark, Curtis Shiels, GSU staff members Donna Driediger and Mason Van Luven, and GSU staff/union bargaining spokesperson Hugh Wagner.
- GSU Local 8 (Advance) bargaining – The two sides will meet in early January to determine whether there is an impasse or whether bargaining should continue. GSU bargaining committee members are Doug Murray, Dion Elliott, Steve Holiday, Doug Kampman, Mason Van Luven (GSU staff), and bargaining spokesperson Hugh Wagner (GSU staff).
- Our Tuesday Members’ Memo is sent to members on Tuesdays. If you know a co-worker who doesn’t receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com
Questions? Contact a GSU staff rep at our Regina or Saskatoon offices.
Our Tuesday Members’ Memo (TMM) is sent by email to GSU members every Tuesday.
Our Tuesday Morning Memo is sent to GSU members on Tuesday mornings. You don’t need to be a member to receive our TMM. If you would like a copy sent directly to your email, let us know and we will add you to the mailing list.
What are the benefits of a union?
The Association of Flight Attendants explain what unions do for union members.
The labour movement is not just about decent jobs. It’s about a
better life, for everyone