Learn more about us and our web page here. Have a look around and if you don’t find what you are looking for, let us know.
If you want to know more about GSU or about how you can join GSU, call us or learn more here.
Our June 1, 2023 application deadline is approaching quickly!
Have you, your spouse or your dependent(s) been accepted for secondary education? If so, you are eligible for a $2,000 GSU scholarship.
Here’s how to apply:
- fill out an application form (you can find them here)
- send us your letter of acceptance from your university or trade school
- send us your two-page essay (Don’t fret about perfect grammar and layout – we’re looking for content and understanding of the topic, not properly executed footnotes)
- a letter of reference from someone in your community.
That’s it! A copy of your grades is not required. If your school has accepted you into their program, that’s good enough for us. But, hurry – the deadline for receipt of applications is June 1.
Information on our scholarship program, requirements and application forms are available here.
- GSU spring membership visitations are underway. Watch your email for details on when our GSU reps will be in your area.
- Locals 1 & 2 (Viterra) bargaining update meetings and a membership survey – Members are being asked to attend their bargaining update meeting and participate in a bargaining survey to provide any additional feedback they may have by 5:00 p.m. this Friday, May 26. Bargaining updates are available here.
Bargaining Update #17 was issued to members by email on May 18. You can read it and past updates here.
- Local 5 (Western Producer) bargaining impasse: Mediation is set for June 6 & 7; July 26 & 27. Background information is available here. GSU is committed to the process and is looking forward to working with the members and the employer to negotiate a settlement that is workable for all. We thank Local 5 members for their patience and continued support.
- Our Tuesday Members’ Memo is sent to members on Tuesdays. If you know a co-worker who doesn’t receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact a GSU staff rep at our Regina or Saskatoon offices.
Our Tuesday Members’ Memo (TMM) is sent by email to GSU members every Tuesday.
Check out past editions of our TMM here. If you don’t receive our TMM by email, let us know and we will sign you up.
Our Tuesday Morning Memo is sent to GSU members on Tuesday mornings. You don’t need to be a member to receive our TMM. If you would like a copy sent directly to your email, let us know and we will add you to the mailing list.
What are the benefits of a union?
The Association of Flight Attendants explain what unions do for union members.
The labour movement is not just about decent jobs. It’s about a better life for everyone.