Have a look around, and if you don’t find what you are looking for, let us know.
On behalf of the members, officers, and staff of Grain and General Services Union, we extend congratulations to our five GSU scholarship recipients:Tyler Buenneke – Dependent Scholarship recipient
Son of Local 1 (Viterra) member Mark BuennekeDayne Patterson – Dependent Scholarship recipientSon of Local 15 (Nutrien) member Robert PattersonAlexis Wood – Dependent Scholarship recipientDaughter of Local 2 (Viterra Office )member Sheila TranTy Nikolejsin – Member Scholarship recipientLocal 15 (Nutrien) memberMarc Rapin – Member Scholarship recipient
Local 16 (Lake Country Co-op) summer student.Additional information on our recipients will be available in an upcoming Tuesday Members’ Memo.
- Local 15 (Nutrien) bargaining committee meeting – Monday, Oct. 19 – 11:30 a.m. via Microsoft Teams. GSU held its first information meeting on Oct. 15 with the second and final meeting set for today. Information packages were mailed to Local 15 with additional information sent to members by email on Oct. 14.
- Local 6 (Wild West Steelhead) bargaining will continue Oct. 20 in Lucky Lake, SK
- Local 5 (Western Producer) bargaining will continue Oct. 22.
- Autumn 2020 membership meetings – Our membership meeting format will vary by sub-local and location this autumn. Meeting notices will start being sent out this week.
In addition to usual union business, we’ve also got some constitutional amendments for your consideration and we need you to vote on whether you want to continue paying dues into the GSU Defense Fund. Watch your email and contact your staff rep if you need more information.
- Our Tuesday Members’ Memo is sent to members on Tuesdays. If you know a co-worker who doesn’t receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact a GSU staff rep at either our Regina or Saskatoon office.
Our Tuesday Members’ Memo (TMM) is sent by email to GSU members every Tuesday.
Check out past editions of our TMM here.
If you don’t receive our TMM by email, let us know and we will sign you up.
Our Tuesday Morning Memo is sent to GSU members on Tuesday mornings. You don’t need to be a member to receive our TMM. If you would like a copy sent directly to your email, let us know and we will add you to the mailing list.
What are the benefits of a union?
The Association of Flight Attendants explain what unions do for union members.
The labour movement is not just about decent jobs. It’s about a better life, for everyone.
Learn more at www.fairnessworks.ca