2018 GSU scholarship forms and guidelines
2018 scholarship form guidelines [pdf]
2018 scholarship essay topic requirement information [pdf]
2018 scholarship form for dependants of GSU members [pdf]
2018 scholarship form for GSU members or spouses of GSU members [pdf]
GSU is pleased to offer $2,000 scholarships to five students who demonstrate an ability and a passion to inspire positive change in their community.
The scholarship competition is open to GSU members, their spouses, and dependent children who have not previously won.
Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a diploma, degree, or certificate program at a community college, university, trade school, or technical institute as a full-time student in any country.
- There are five $2,000 scholarships available: three are dependant scholarships and two are GSU member scholarships.
- If there are no member scholarship applications, all five scholarships will be available to be awarded to eligible dependant applicants.
- Dependant scholarships are available for dependant children of GSU members. Applicants for dependant scholarships must be age 25 or younger.
- GSU member scholarships are available for GSU members and spouses of members.
- GSU members must have a signed union card on file with the union to be eligible for GSU scholarships.
- Students can apply every year.
- Students will be awarded a maximum of one scholarship per lifetime.
Deadline for receipt of 2018 scholarship applications is June 15, 2018.