Like it or not, your social media platforms are telling everyone they reach a story about you. In an age where employers are more interested in reviewing your social media presence than your resume, it’s important to ensure your social accounts are painting a positive picture.
According to CareerBuilder, the top pieces of social media content that turn off employers are:
- provocative or inappropriate photographs, videos or information,
- information about drinking or using drugs,
- discriminatory comments related to race, religion, gender, etc.,
- those who bad-mouth previous employers or co-workers, and
- a lack of good communication skills.
If you think it might be time for a social media overhaul, learn more here : 10 Easy Ways to Clean Up And Curate Your Social Media.