The Canadian Labour Congress Young Workers Program and United Way Centraide Canada are offering a $2,500 post-secondary scholarship to a union members or their dependants.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current union member, or the child/dependent of a union member, that is affiliated to the CLC (such as GSU);
- Age 30 or under as of September 1, 2018;
- Enrolled for September 2018 to enter their first year of full-time study at a Canadian public post-secondary institution: university program (leading to a degree) or college program (leading to a diploma or certificate);
- Does not have any prior post-secondary studies; and
- Currently enrolled or not more than two years out of secondary school.
Deadline for receipt of applications is June 1, 2018.